Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 Resolutions

Trying to find a nice piece of paper and was thinking to write down my 2012 resolution. But then I think, there's hardly anyone reading my blog anyway and even if there are, I'd like them to witness my resolution therefore I have more accountability to get my year goals achieved (and also I couldn't find a nice piece of paper anyway... :P) !!

I haven't written it down nicely yet but I have thought about it earlier.

Weather in Melb is so hot at the moment, therefore I have recently got addicted to go swimming. However I must admit that I am not a good swimmer at all. I just learnt frog style last year, most of the time I swam with freestyle in previous years. Now when I got addicted to swimming lately I have been practicing frog style. Which I think it was a good time for improvement.

One of my year resolutions was to be able to swim towards deep water area. Without swimming in the deep I reckon we cannot claim that we know how to swim.

I was encouraged by Rachael to follow her swim over to the other side the other day. Would you call its a coincidence or it's a plan by God, that 2 days ago I thought about aiming myself to be able to swim over in the deep in 2012 and the next day someone encouraged me to do so.

Under a lot of encouragement and pressure I finally followed Rachael (just like a baby duck followed the mother duck) and swim behind her. I told myself: it's ok, just swim as if u could touch the ground, swim slowly and stretch longer, than u'll finish sooner....

It was good. I did it :D One of the year resolutions was done on the SECOND day of the year :) Since then I have been going swimming enjoying the deep water area every alternate day :P

And then I realise how great I felt every time after exercise. My butterfly arms are sore but its a good sore :) I feel happier in general as I feel I am living a balance life.

Now comes to the second year resolution - to exercise 3 times a week (excluding going to park with the dogs). So I'd like to mainly focus on swimming and doing some jogging/running at the gym (or outdoor if weather is suitable).

There's a new gym going to open soon near where I live (approx. 10 min walk to get there), I have just registered for foundation membership while they are doing some sale. Hopefully I can avoid membership fee :P

I will definitely keep on my interest in exercising and hopefully this time will be a long term habit :)

I will share more of my year resolutions next time :)

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment